Sunday, 23 January 2011

Really? It's 2011 already???

OK, so I'm rubbish. Tell me something I DIDN'T know eh?

Finally I have realised that the only way I will actually get off my arse and keep my blog up to date is by adding a link onto my twitter account - which in itself 'encourages' me. 
Yeah, I know, delusional I know but work with me here.

So hello to any twitter peeps who are finding me for the first time. I'm a bit unusual. Get used to it.

So - (she nips back to last blog post to see where I had gotten to)

Ahh yes.

Yep, I had passed my CBT test - for those not in the know this is compulsory basic training for riding a motor bike) Initially my lesson were due to start just before crimbo - which, as stated before the snow, sleet, ice and general nastiness put pay to. A bugger but hey, cant control that fucker now can we?

I decided when I rescheduled them to actually be kinder to my boss - having them on Saturdays not weekdays and so we get to now... 3 weeks later of every Saturday on a 600cc Honda Hornet, with my MOD 1 test this Friday. - being such a daft country the testing for bikes has changed over the last few years and now - *here comes the science bit* we have to do a test within a test centre, consisting of :
Moving the bike whilst its not running. 
A low speed slalom ending with a figure of eight.
A slow speed U-turn.
A rather quick swerve test
An emergency stop.
A slow controlled ride alongside a walking examiner.

All of these things I have now practised quite a few times at an airfield and feel plenty confident enough to get there and absolutely shit a brick. Time will tell.

I will tell you about the MOD 2 bit once I've passed this bugger first.

Other than that, what have I skipped over - oh yes... Christmas!

It was grand, We had Mumsie & uncle Marmite here, as per usual caked up and chilled to the bone.
Just quite relieved Sister decided to spend the day at her new above.

Hmmmmm what else? Do I need to share? Ahhh yes.

Db (the daft black lab) has since christmas developed quite a nasty hacking cough, which we knew from the start wasn't going to be anything innocent for sure. The vets gave her a dose of antibiotics on the hope that it could just be a minor infection. That was a week ago and he's just extended them for another 5 days.
Granted she has improved but I know deep down in my heart this will be the demise of my beloved mental dawg.

But as I have said before in the past, whilst the tails still wagging and she's a happy git, I will make life as comfortable as possible. The moment she's not enjoying life then time for the big injection.
REALLY not looking forward to that, I can tell you.

So other than that - life is good. Little legs is still as daft as ever. (but lovely)
Work is a bane, but when isn't it?

Madness I tell you!






No comments:

Post a Comment