Sunday, 4 September 2011

It's amazing what you don't notice...

The last time I remember using the land line phone at home was over a week ago & it was such a crap line I decided that any calls that were not 0845 jobbies I would use the mobile for in future.
Then there is that fact over these couple of weeks we have had no answer phone messages either. In fact now I think about it, not even any notice on the handsets of any calls either & I know full well I tried to leave myself a message to remind me to do something. Did it work? Not a jot.
So evidently our line has been down for well over a week. You really would have thought we would have noticed a bit sooner than this but alas no.

In fact I have really loved the peace and quiet.

I did finally report it to sky today (after quite a bit of testing about the house with various phones to make sure it wasn't just these bloody binatone phones I bought a couple of months continually being a complete pain in the arse.)
They have said they will get it fixed. I hope they don't hurry.


As for these bloody phones: Can anyone recommend a set of phones that do not do the 'me mer' noise when you put the handset in the charger? 
The BT ones I had before & these binatone ones both do & randomly in the middle of the night go into complete mental mode 'mee mering' like a chuffing loon! Enough to make you get up and remove the sodding handset from the charger to get it to STFU.

Just a thought to save some minor amount of sanity I have left.
#bloodytelephones






No comments:

Post a Comment