Monday, 28 February 2011

Bugger.

I've decided to post this tonight, before tomorrow which is going to turn out to be the most heartbreaking day of my life.

Don't get me wrong, March 1st 'was' going to be one of the most stupendous days of my life. We are going to pick up a brand spanking new motorbike for myself, nicknamed "Greenie meanie" This I was very much looking forward to. Unfortunately it has now been over shadowed buy another thing that will now be happening which is going to knock me for six however I try to cope with it.
Seems Diefenbaker the daft black lab has been developing some quite evil type rasping symptoms over the past two months. She's done well bless her. A long on stint on antibiotics & daily anti inflammatory tabs for everything else she has which has been progressively falling to bits, to hang in there as long as this has surprised me, especially how even though she is getting uncomfortable, the tail still wags and she tries her hardest to still be the big puppy that she always has been. 

So tomorrow afternoon, with a very heavy heart we are going to have to take her into the vets to have her put to sleep. I've been blubbing today every time I think of it, she's been at Nanny day care today of which knowing it was for the last time she was in bits when I went to pick her up after work, set me off again.

It's that same thing I went through with Schmoo back in September - only this time my baby, puppy, companion for thirteen years who has done nothing but had me in utter stitches with her daftness will be going. 

Its gonna kill me.



No comments:

Post a Comment