Ok, so I knew this month would be a bit of a pisser. But there are some things in life that will always make you smile or cry. Tis' the way.
Loosing Db on the 2nd was a truly monumental shit. We have all missed her so much. Little legs and myself with the subtle things, no head looking through the cat flap when arriving home. No furry sitting there waiting for food when cooking. The worst part being just how quiet it has been without her here. Even the cat has been looking for her poor little sod.
I do struggle with if I made the right decision. I know I did but it does still hurt terribly.
Then my nice little van decided to drop its clutch this week. £400 notes gone. Bloody thing is going to get a complete slap soon if it doesn't start behaving soon.
So, to cheer me up I finally went on my first jolly on the greenie meanie since we got it.
Not a problem, toddled round Mum's, back to the bike shop to get a trickle charger for it, came back home and that's when the fun started.
I pulled up outside the house & for some strange reason I must have decided not to bother putting my right foot down and the next thing I know, I am flailing around on the floor like a trapped clam with my leg trapped under 200kilos of bike after "rolling" sideways and smacking my head (in helmet obviously) rather hard on the asphalt when I went down.
Not best pleased about this fact anyway but seeing my 'moved in last week' neighbours standing staring at me flailing then promptly walking off really didn't do me any favours.
I finally managed to free my right leg, got up, picked up the bike again & went indoors to compose myself again.
Had a quick check over the bike - which was thankfully not that badly damaged, just a few scuffs & war wounds. Wasn't until I actually looked at the helmet that I realised just how hard my bonce had hit the floor.
Evidently, over the next couple of hours I started to become somewhat dizzy, blurred vision and ever so slightly 'not quite right in the head' So by 8PM OH had trundled me off to A&E for a better to be safe than sorry head check.
It seems I do still have a head, the helmet certainly did its job well. There is no guarantee the contents of my head ARE correct but that's mainly due to the fact that it really wasn't that right in the first place. The only saving grace I have is the fact that this morning, my 37th birthday, I awoke with a very stiff neck thanks to a weeny bit of whiplash. Mild concussion & my Mum lovingly sending me a text at 6am to wish me a happy birthday.
I can also safely say that the asphalt outside our house is REALLY fucking hard.
Thank you Norfolk County Council.
So there we go. I am now 37, have a screw loose thanks to wapping my head on the floor and thankfully have a fantastic Little legs to see my by through my daftness.
Thank you hon
I love you loads
x
No comments:
Post a Comment