Tuesday, 12 July 2011

ok, I shall try to make more of an effort today...

It all went a bit 'Pete Tong' last night

I had every intention on blogging a decent amount, catching up and all that tat but by the time the laptop sorted itself out & I had transferred back to this one I was buggered & went to bed... out like a light.

Hopefully after only having had a vodka I 'should' be able to produce slightly more than one rubbish paragraph. 

Right, so what's gone on?

The new job hasn't been the best up until today. The new boss is a very big bolshie 'spade is a spade' type and after a month of a half of me treading on eggshells so as not to make the daft fucker flare up at the stupidest thing (he does this often) 
He pretty much came into out CAD office and ripped me a new arsehole for making him look a cunt in front of the client of this particular job as it had taken so long.
It's not having a go at me I had an issue with, it was the way it was done. you DONT talk to people that way, be it staff or not. So whilst watching everyone else in my office preeeetty much hide under their desks, I argued back, as his facts were wrong and I didn't warrant a bollocking at all.   

I have nothing against getting shafted if it was my fault & will quite happily stick my hand up and admit it but to shred me and it's not my fault... nah.
My final words after "Don't you call me a cunt" were:
"So, are you going to let me at least fight my own side here and explain the situation?"
One word answer of "NO" and the Alan Brazil looky likey stomped off out of the office. 
It was as funny as fuck & I burst out laughing after he left.

I would normally take a row as heated as that to heart but to be honest why bother? If the guy doesn't like me, then come the end of my three month trial in August he'll sack me. Simple as that. 
No skin off my nose. Been nice seeing you and all that shit.
I must confess though, I didn't like not being able to give my 'in my defence' speech so emailed him when I got home. Nothing harsh, just stating the facts, spit the bones out of that type thing. Nothing was ever mentioned about it after that. 

After some of the other staff who witnessed said 'outburst' commented on the fact that they would never talk to him like that, figured my days were numbered & have quite enjoyed being exceptionally happy go lucky, getting on with it and generally not giving a rats arse what happens.

Until today.

Last week when it was quite quiet workload wise, I looked through the list of jobs to to & made a start on one of the larger projects which had been earmarked for my immediate supervisor who was, at that time on leave.
Nothing hard about the job, just quite a big one consisting of 16 drawings but needing a bit of common sense & brains to make head or tail of the instructions. 
Sat down, got on. Finished it Friday. Printed them all off, left them on bosses desk to check before anything was sent out to clients as per usual. 

Boss clumped up to my desk today, sprawls out the drawings asked for a couple of amendments and then says "Bloody good job, well done" and stomps off again. 
You could have picked me up off the floor.
Then, if that wasn't odd enough, one of the yard foreman's collared me this afternoon and said boss had been singing my praises this morning in their team meeting too. 

FFS! Does this man have more hormones & mood swings than a bird? I think so!
Not that I am arguing, standing up to him was probably the best thing and in all honesty, I wouldn't have let him get away with talking to me like that anyway but I think it might have set the president as such. Very odd but hey ho.

So there's a weeny bit of a catch up, will share more soon. Unless you are all bored shitless already. Which wouldn't be a surprise.





No comments:

Post a Comment