Four weeks ago my work PC started to do some really funny random things.
The list started with:
Outlook not allowing me to logon until after 10 mins of booting up.
Trying to plot anything to PDF producing blank copies of anything
AutoCAD defaulting to the settings of 2 weeks ago at random times.
The only good thing was the internet has *touches wood* always held in good and proper so if nothing else I can play.
Then, 2 weeks ago the bloody thing chucked a complete strop and decided I was not going to be able to print anything. Initially just from CAD but progressed through to PDF's, excel spreadsheets & finally yesterday word documents.
So all in all, it pretty much stuffed up any work I was doing so seeing as colleuge no 2 was on holiday just 'upped chairs' and nicked his PC for the week.
During all this time I had been updating all the ins and outs to Big boss, who had authorised for me to get a new PC, secondary boss who also said yes & IT chap who said he had already ordered one... #fibber
A week after It was agreed, IT chap said secondary boss would be ordering new PC of which secondary boss had chuffed off abroad on holiday. Not an issue, he came back just before I left for my week off & 'apparently' it was to be ordered and installed whilst I was away.
I came back Monday, no new PC & toddled into see all three to find once again it hadnt been ordered *surprise surprise*
Sat here for a while trying to get at least one of them to actually get on with it... figured it right out.
When I finally found something I could actually get on with the bloody thing now wouldnt even open CAD at all. So properly stuffed. Sent an email to all three and am now sitting back, relaxing waiting for one of them to actually do something.
I myself am finding this all REALLY funny.
Piss up and brewery maybe?
WOMBATS!? *puffs slightly*
ReplyDeleteWell okay, fair call. Wombats aren't called muddleheaded for nothing *I suppose*. But they DO manage to get themselves written about in a startling array of children's books and appear as much loved characters on long dead TV shows > A Country Practice > http://tinyurl.com/3ssy7ek (nice hair hey).
Awwww and how nice they have managed to 'just' conseal the massive gonads with the camera position (yes, the one with the hair)
ReplyDelete