Thursday, 26 April 2012

A lightening cloud with a silver lining...

(In the shape of a lightening conductor)

I've had some really tricky situations to deal with this week with regards to work. 
One of which was an invite to a 'work girls night out' at the house of one of the women there in May.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the majority of the 5 lasses at work but the thought of spending an evening being girlie really didn't appeal and I was really struggling to come up with a genuinely good reason as to why I couldn't attend. 
I was thinking my favourite excuse of 'my legs on fire' would soon be sussed right out on return to work the next few days.

However, thanks to a bit of divine intervention in the shape of my boss and his lack of ability to be anything other than a moany gusset, he has actually done something for me that is in fact REALLY useful! 
He sacked/fired/made me redundant, call it what you will but after 2 months of being told he could make as much money with just two surveyors & trimming out fitting staff it didn't really come as much of a surprise or shock at all. In fact I've awoken today with such an amazing uplifted outlook again that I'm really quite relieved. 

Well that really cant be bad now can it?


No comments:

Post a Comment