Monday, 14 September 2009

Okay then... time to put in a bit of effort me thinks.


I am very proud and bloody amazed that I finally managed to give up smoking in January this year. That is also the first time I have actually said "given up" and not just stopped.
That was more of a mind over matter thing with me nothing else.

And how do I know I will not start again? I know this because I have managed to have evening's with friends of which I can smoke a joint, get stoned and have no inkling as to having a ciggy again. For that reason, I am very pleased indeed.

However, now I am in another realm of which, if I don't make a start on getting it sorted now, I will be utterly buggered and the other half will be rather chuffed and I can't be having that!
This realm would be:

I am turning into quite a bit of a bunter.

OK so I am not into the standards of Typical American family these days, (no offence Tali & Jeanie) of the style where they cannot get in or out of a standard doorway without wanting to sue McbloodyDonalds for "making" them that way.... Hmmmm

Nope - not quite that bad... just enough for me to not feel comfortable and want to start to sort out said matter.

The first thing I have done? Cancelled my membership to the local gym. (Now have you really ever known me to do anything normal? Not a bloody chance)No other reason for that apart from being skint due to bugger all work coming in at the moment and wanting to pay Mum off first.

The other reason being - I have purchased myself to go with my Wii fit training thingy.... the active EA sports version. And if I am honest, that has motivated me more in the 5 days of it I have already done than anything else. It's bloody hard work mind and I'm only on the easy setting! It'd set me up on this "30 day challenge" and like i've mentioned, going all good so far.

The only other thing I need to start taking note of is what I am eating, to try to cut out a load of the sugar and even out my mealtimes. Should be a breeze ha ha!

so here we go< an on-line record as to how I am getting on with it!
starting weight : 71.5 KGS. (shocking!)
target weight : 60 kgs
(but obviously might struggle due to fat into muscle weight but will see) The other good thing is it keeps my distracted from little legs being away training and properly in January.
Ohhhh good'o!


3 comments:

  1. Is it really any good? I was thinking about getting it, cos I've gotta do something about my weight - especially now I've got this dodgy hip!


    Hope you're keeping okay, bird? Sorry I haven't been on here much, but I keep forgetting about it and losing my log-in, etc. I'm just a bit crap really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ea sports one I have started is yes very good. But even I am struggling on the easy stages. Dunno how well you would cope with your hip involves a LOT of running on the spot and it moans if you are not going quick enough. You can imagine how many times I have called it a cunt already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the wii is really cool. My son has one and I sneak on all the time! If we have any spare $$$ we might get one for the studio. The whole weight bearing thingy is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete