Today was defiantly a top notch on the 'fantasticfuckingday' o'meter.
Considering in my life I have acquired many a driving licence (right up to class 1 articulated lorry type shit) Today's efforts to start learning the smallest (being a motorbike) was certainly a giggle and a half.
Now for some reason in my life, I have never actually ridden or had any instruction to ride one. You would have thought I would have, but alas no. This actually turned out to be an advantage in the "professional learning curve" And for that *thanks fuck!*
So with my passing my theory & hazard perception test yesterday with various spotty little oik's preparing for standard car driving lessons the fact I was actually getting arse straight onto two wheels the next day was certainly an eye opener!
So, getting back to today's efforts. We arrive at the training centre, bundled into the back of a tatty transit and scoot off to an airfield with a "spare bit" especially for the training of numbnuts such as myself.
We are quickly explained the controls, how to ride and toddle off on bits of the runways to get the hang of riding. Then, how to start to go up the gears, then how to stop abruptly (not really difficult!) Then are shown how to do the slow manoeuvres with control and precision.
This was purely a "getting used to how to ride a bike" with a bit of examples of what sorts of stuff we would be doing during the MOD1 test of which I will be taking on Dec 22nd.
But before I rush into that, I have my actual CBT test (compulsory basic training) which will allow me to ride on the road with 'L' plates. This is happening on the 4th and after today's efforts I am really looking forward to that!
So there we are, I am still mad, but loving every bloody minute of it and can't wait to be able to go out riding for a jolly with little legs on our own bikes!
GET IN!
I would like to point out that anything even remotely close to the lady parts region got colder than a penguins bollocks also. Will certainly compensate with ever so slightly more thermal pants for the next stage!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment