Firstly apologies if this blog looks pants today but I'm writing from my phone whilst waiting to once again see the chiropractor. I will attempt to save it then format it when home again so patience is a virtue.
So what has surprised me? Well a few things but most all a very nice thing that happened today, whilst sat at my PC getting on with work listening to the radio.
Now I am nowhere near the time in my life when I am going to start listening to BBC radio 4 on a regular basis, however, after some not quite so subtle "self advertising" of a follower on Twitter decided, seeing as I was at home getting on would pop it on and see what the little bugger had been up to and was self whoring himself with.
Now I still couldn't now tell you what the play was called, nor who wrote it but what I will say is it was really quite moving. A tale of a man, travelling far to visit his dying mother in hospital and getting somewhat caught up in what could be described as another world.
His other world however, managed to do a wonderful thing. In the sad final stages of his mothers life, thanks to an slightly odd character, not a million miles away from myself, surprisingly brought back to the surface all the wonderul memories he had buried, hidden away of times with his Mum, which also in turn distracted him away from the harsh yet inevitable reality.
I think the reason I really enjoyed it, was after it was over it made me sit back and remember again times I had with my Dad, good times over many years and certainly brought a very big smile across my face. Ok, so Dad died over two years ago now but there isn't a week go by when I dont think of him but this brought back the "best bits" as so to speak and gave me the warm fuzzy feeling you can only get when remembering your Dad and how much he meant to you.
So for that, the great acting (or should I say 'reading' abilities') of James & his co star I thank you. You made a cynical old git have a mushy moment with your 'creative talent' and I normally don't let those out too often as most will know.
As for listening to Radio 4 any more... I dont really think so. They also played The Archers in that time frame and oddly, that made me want to stab myself in the eye with and arrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment