Tuesday, 11 November 2008

06:12 and all's well...

Hmmmm, well as 'well' as it could be considering the bloody ridiculous time anyway.

So this week we have good news bad news.

Bad: Seems that my application to the HSE for trainee officer has finally died a death but hey, at least they did actually bother to tell me!
Good: I had an appointment yesterday with an Occupational Health chappie for a company I have never even worked for (interesting concept)
Reason being, I want to apply for a position there but didn't want to waste their or my time going through the whole rig moral of applying, when in the final stages I would be told I couldn't be taken on because of my somewhat dazed and confused knee. So wanted a chat with them first.
The meeting turned out to be very useful and somewhat helpful. After describing the whole previous of my knee, what it does and doesn't do he actually came up with quite a viable possibility and a way in which could get myself on the road to if nothing else painless existence which cant be bad.
I did actually manage to confuse the chap (which for me isn't really that hard) and the inevitable result was he thinks I have one leg longer than the other causing me to walk round in circles it seems, placing more pressure on the outsides of my knees (right one in particular).
The confusion factor is in how I wear out my shoes... because I wear the outsides of the heels on each foot down to a nub this would cause me to be 'knock kneed' and pain being present on the insides of my knees. Not so in my case. It's actually the outsides of my knees which cause me squit, the tendons to be precise and thus a confused chappie indeed.

So his idea, of which I shall start the ball rolling on from Thursday with yet another appointment with my GP (useless man that HE is) to request I am put forward to see the Biomechanical assessment centre who will measure my legs, video how I walk and hopefully come up with a custom set of wedges for my shoes to alleviate the pressure correctly on said knees and hopefully 'fingers crossed' stop the pain.

Obviously I am not going to get too excited here as my GP is a bit of a gusset if I am honest but he does seem to like palming me off onto other departments so this should go through a treat really.

So on that part it's looking quite good.

As for today, that's another story. Today is my 13 week appointment with the JSA peeps of which they will decide if I will still qualify for actually receiving the sodding money and trying hard enough to actually get a job. Personally I would rather sit here and pull out my eyelashes with pliers but that would just get me committed so might refrain from that one.

So from a good day yesterday to today which is just going to be total and utter rubbish.

Oh well here it comes....




1 comment:

  1. Well, looks like you might finally get somewhere with the knee then!

    Hurrah!

    Good luck with the JSA bods, although plucking your eyelashes out in front of them may well qualify you for Incapacity Benefit instead ;-p

    Try to let Short-Arse come up for air occasionally - he'll need to build his strength up again y'know...

    ReplyDelete