Evidently the last 3 days has certainly had its fair share of ups and downs... and no, i'm not being rude here for once.
It all started with my day from hell starting at the bloody job centre first thing Tuesday. I realised it was going to be rubbish, I didn't quite fathom quite how soul destroying it would finally turn out.
It was my thirteenth week appointment, so didn't see the normal numpty and got to see a slightly higher in the food chain numpty, who was actually quite a nice lass. It wasn't the person who was the problem here, it was the system. So now I have to go weekly for six weeks. Then, I have to do all the things I have been doing every day for two weeks, weekly (so that shouldn't be too hard really should it?)
This in itself really didn't do me any good all in all, and by the time it came to go to bed I was so completely demoralised I just quietly cried my eyes out and feeling very sorry for myself. Wouldn't have been quite so bad but nibs heard me (which I hadn't intended on) which was nice as he was very comforting even though I was in no rational mood to feel better by then.
I finally did sleep and did actually feel better in the morning, so gathered myself into some sort of normality and toddled off to see a chap who owns his own surveying company here in Norwich of which was very beneficial and could prove to be very lucrative and to my benefit and I will fill in with details as and when they progress but could make me a shitload happier.
Then just to really cheer me up I went to see a band at the Waterfront called Half Man Half Biscuit of which was the ultimate nostalgia moment. The band in question I last saw when I was 16 or 17 and went with my chap at the time and his little brother. So imagine the hilarity of the fact I went again with said chap and initially his little brother was also going again as well! That did however change at the final hour and chaps niece, who also just happens to be our God daughter (yes, no laughing, I was a god mum once, many moons ago)
Imagine my utter joy when this now 17 year old lass, who I haven't seen since she was about 3 or 4 comes along too... freaky or what?
Evidently the evening was a really good laugh and I had a fantastic time even though I did have to leave during the encore due to having stood up for so long my knees were just deciding to punish me. Even though I haven't seen the band for many years the music was just as good and funny and well worth seeing again.
All in all Wednesday was a good day :)
So now after these minor set-backs, demoralising moments and somewhat here there and bloody everywhere moments I have to prepare myself for job interviews and assessment days next week etc but on the mend all the same.
Hanging in there and not quite ready to throw in the towel just yet...

Oh, and nearly forgot. The appointment with Dr twat Thursday morning reference my knees went really well. I must have spent all of 3 minutes in his office with the quickest referral I have ever had in my life. Biomechanics clinic here I come!
It all started with my day from hell starting at the bloody job centre first thing Tuesday. I realised it was going to be rubbish, I didn't quite fathom quite how soul destroying it would finally turn out.
It was my thirteenth week appointment, so didn't see the normal numpty and got to see a slightly higher in the food chain numpty, who was actually quite a nice lass. It wasn't the person who was the problem here, it was the system. So now I have to go weekly for six weeks. Then, I have to do all the things I have been doing every day for two weeks, weekly (so that shouldn't be too hard really should it?)
This in itself really didn't do me any good all in all, and by the time it came to go to bed I was so completely demoralised I just quietly cried my eyes out and feeling very sorry for myself. Wouldn't have been quite so bad but nibs heard me (which I hadn't intended on) which was nice as he was very comforting even though I was in no rational mood to feel better by then.
I finally did sleep and did actually feel better in the morning, so gathered myself into some sort of normality and toddled off to see a chap who owns his own surveying company here in Norwich of which was very beneficial and could prove to be very lucrative and to my benefit and I will fill in with details as and when they progress but could make me a shitload happier.
Then just to really cheer me up I went to see a band at the Waterfront called Half Man Half Biscuit of which was the ultimate nostalgia moment. The band in question I last saw when I was 16 or 17 and went with my chap at the time and his little brother. So imagine the hilarity of the fact I went again with said chap and initially his little brother was also going again as well! That did however change at the final hour and chaps niece, who also just happens to be our God daughter (yes, no laughing, I was a god mum once, many moons ago)
Imagine my utter joy when this now 17 year old lass, who I haven't seen since she was about 3 or 4 comes along too... freaky or what?
Evidently the evening was a really good laugh and I had a fantastic time even though I did have to leave during the encore due to having stood up for so long my knees were just deciding to punish me. Even though I haven't seen the band for many years the music was just as good and funny and well worth seeing again.
All in all Wednesday was a good day :)
So now after these minor set-backs, demoralising moments and somewhat here there and bloody everywhere moments I have to prepare myself for job interviews and assessment days next week etc but on the mend all the same.
Hanging in there and not quite ready to throw in the towel just yet...
Oh, and nearly forgot. The appointment with Dr twat Thursday morning reference my knees went really well. I must have spent all of 3 minutes in his office with the quickest referral I have ever had in my life. Biomechanics clinic here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment