Friday, 9 June 2006

Its official.... I give up!


Current mood: aggravated
Category: Life

So, this blog is dedicated to the boys in the band Eastroad.


There is something working on a higher level desperatly fucking with my life at the moment. Anyone with ideas on how to improve this answers on a postcard etc etc etc....

Tonight I was all dressed, clean and ready to leave to head into Norwich to go watch Eastroad play at the Marquee.

Now bearing in mind I am on call this week it was going to be a short visit but long enough to hear a good few tracks and if possible say hi to them all.

BUT NO!

I got to the van, turned the key, nothing. More juice in a badgers ringpiece than that bleeding thing... so grabbed the jump start device out of the back, hooked it up.... it started! yay! ran for about 5 seconds and died again... shit.

Gave up on that and aggravated my neighbours into lending me jump leads (thank you John for emptying the boot of your car out) and great thanks for Malcolm bringing his toyota within zapping distance! Sat there connected for a bit to gain charge.... turned it over and thud... died again after 5 seconds. TITS TITS TIS.... by this time it was about 8:50 (and I had planned to arrive around 9)

Gave up on that and decided to get a cab at least to work where my car is when I have the van. This took 45 bloody mins to appear ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so by the time he had managed to find me, picked me and the dog up, drivien us into the yard, got the car and started to drive away it was 9:45. now at this point I would have had to drop the dog off at my parents, driven into norwich, walked at least 1/2 a mile to the actual pub where they were playing so after all that it would have been 10:30 so to be quite honest lads, i sat there in the car and said "fuck it" and just came home again.

I really did want to come see you play and I hope the gig went really well but it looks like the gods were against me. And to be honest if the god's do that to me again I am going to tell them to fuck off!

I really hope it went well, and sorry I missed it as I was really looking forward to it.

(going to sulk now)

Currently listening:
Sound Inside
By Breaks Co-Op
Release date: 15 June, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment