Tuesday, 18 March 2008

Funny old world,


Current mood: drained
Category: Life

So my week of hell seems to be calming down again now. Dad has ’come to’ enough it seems to be able to come home again. Ok, so he will be getting oxygen from tomorrow thanks to the doctor and still really weak but home where he wants to be.

.

Yep he came home this afternoon has been set up in his bed for now but is going to be supplied with a proper adjustable one, with all the other trimmings he will need – walking frame etc. Fingers crossed we now have all we need and the nurses coming in twice a day to keep a check on him and hopefully, once the social services get involved we will have carers coming in too.

.

So last night I slept in my own bed again for the first time in 4 nights. That was very much needed and tonight I am staying here at mum & dads with all the rest of the family so as to make sure dads comfy and happy and… well, still with us.

.

So I am exhaused and about to spend another night on the floor – or if I am lucky maybe a sofa! Hoorah! And just to celebrate Dad coming home to… well not be very well for a while then probably pop his clogs but as he wished… at home a glass of champers together. Good news is the moment he was coming home he started eating again…

Stubbern old sod – but I wouldn’t have him any other way bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment