Wednesday, 1 October 2008

Guilty as charged m'lud

Yesterday turned out to be quite a hectic day all told.

First there was the ritual JSA meeting in which I finally managed to actually see my 'own' advisor (the first time I might add so that didn't take too long NOT) All went well and he was happy that I was one of the few who don't go in there and lie and do actually actively look for a job. I will have to learn soon I guess.

So after that on picking up mad labrador from Mums was conned into yet another few chores of which she is very capable of doing herself but obviously having a retraction into "socially incompetent" moment bless her. Finished those, toddled back home and sat with my cup of tea thinking what sort of mischief I could get up to for the rest of the day.

Then the phone rang, 'his nibs' out trucking and trying to get stuff sorted before the boys move house Friday. Fair enough, I can cope with being a PA to a short one :)
It was during this phone call it was decided that lots of his crap - nope sorry 'stuff' could be stored here in the shed until they decided exactly what they were doing with it all.

That then helped me made the decision I would clean out said shed so he could actually get stuff in there (which would help!) So promptly donned grubby clothes and sorted it out big stylie. Managed to de clutter it of one huge quite useless unit, place my Dad's old workbench into a more usable place, shuftied the garden furniture back in for winter and secured my bike as well. Yes still need to do a couple of bits and bobs like get some more shelving but that will come as and when.

Finished that around 6pm then remembered I would be attending the local neighbourhood watch meeting in 't village hall to try to help out Christine up the road getting it all up and running again. Yes, its official I am now a validated nosey bastard! Hoorah! Dear God I need a job.

Finally came back home at 9:30 bloody knackered from my days antics and pretty much went straight to bed and asleep. Only to be woken at 2am but lovely period pains from hell. FFS!
As per the book, tablets taken and back to bed she toddles.

So now its today, I have been busy trying to get in touch with people who might have some work for me, drinking tea, whining about my guts aching to the dog - who in all fairness doesn't care, phoned to cancel an interview in Birmingham tomorrow with a company who wouldn't even tell me how much their training is on the phone, great ploy that to get people to work there - NOT and about to go and chop up the units I removed from the shed yesterday. I might also hoover out the car today as well seeing as I will be toddling down to Stansted soon to collect Marmite for a fleeting visit.

Hmmm think I shall have a cup of tea first.






No comments:

Post a Comment