Saturday afternoon after 'his nibs' went home to go out with his best mate for the night I made quite a rash decision which envolved going and picking up Mumsie Banks, her helping me sort the loft out and loading the car with shitload of tat ready to get up bright and early the Sunday morning to do a car boot sale.
It was quite nice really. Mumsie even stayed over to which probably did her the world of good having something to do and made life a lot easier as we took the mad labrador with us to said sale.
It was very funny. Getting up at 5am isn't the nicest of things on a Sunday Morning, especially as it was still bloody dark when we got there, however because the site is on a park and ride car park just down the road not only was it illuminated but nice tarmac and not grotty old grassy field.
So we arrived, unloaded all the boxes out of the car and started setting everything up. You get the usual trunky bastards rifling through the boxes before you have even unpacked which was obviously annoying Mum but as I said to her - if they think they are getting something amazing by snouting through there first, so be it.
So we say there for 5 hours in total I should imagine and probably only made about £35 but the fact that I am finally getting rid of all the shite I have collected over the years from my attic is the clincher for me. I must have sold over half of the tat which was up there so I for one was very chuffed with efforts.
Granted, I still have around 5 boxes of tat now in my shed of stuff to do another one and could quite happily find some more up there to add to it but it's a start I can tell you!
I was also really surprised with what actually sold! People will buy utter shite of the price is right for them!
Then at around 12 when we did get back to mine, 'his nibs' had arrived and was in the process of cooking us both an amazing steak meal bless his cottons. Much needed seeing as we had only been munching on oatie biscuits all morning!
So all in all not a bad day really. Made a bit of dosh, got rid of a load of tat and felt rather good about it all.
Cant be bad!

It was quite nice really. Mumsie even stayed over to which probably did her the world of good having something to do and made life a lot easier as we took the mad labrador with us to said sale.
It was very funny. Getting up at 5am isn't the nicest of things on a Sunday Morning, especially as it was still bloody dark when we got there, however because the site is on a park and ride car park just down the road not only was it illuminated but nice tarmac and not grotty old grassy field.
So we arrived, unloaded all the boxes out of the car and started setting everything up. You get the usual trunky bastards rifling through the boxes before you have even unpacked which was obviously annoying Mum but as I said to her - if they think they are getting something amazing by snouting through there first, so be it.
So we say there for 5 hours in total I should imagine and probably only made about £35 but the fact that I am finally getting rid of all the shite I have collected over the years from my attic is the clincher for me. I must have sold over half of the tat which was up there so I for one was very chuffed with efforts.
Granted, I still have around 5 boxes of tat now in my shed of stuff to do another one and could quite happily find some more up there to add to it but it's a start I can tell you!
I was also really surprised with what actually sold! People will buy utter shite of the price is right for them!
Then at around 12 when we did get back to mine, 'his nibs' had arrived and was in the process of cooking us both an amazing steak meal bless his cottons. Much needed seeing as we had only been munching on oatie biscuits all morning!
So all in all not a bad day really. Made a bit of dosh, got rid of a load of tat and felt rather good about it all.
Cant be bad!
Must be something in the air. I've got five boxes of mugs, glasses and crockery sitting in my kitchen waiting to be redistributed amongst society after having "a moment" that lasted the entire weekend :-).
ReplyDeleteLess than two weeks to go...Eek!