Sunday, 27 January 2008

Crap car… It’s just bloody typical


Current mood: pissed off

Why is it in life when everything seems to be going swimmingly, that something will jump up and kick you arse with the force of a fighter jet at full speed ???

Now I have been having problems with the exhaust on the old scenic of late. The initial cause wasn't really my fault but the lack of proper correction certainly has… which also lead to me being aware of other faults of which will now skint me right out good and proper.

The initial problem with the exhaust was when reversing over my drive with a slightly heavy person in the passenger seat, I caught the bugger on the slightly high bit and pulled the two front bits apart leaving me with a spark machine dragging along the floor… This was a good 4 months ago.

The repair was swift and worked a treat, car up on blocks me under it getting very filthy and fitting it back together. Sorted.

Then about 6 weeks ago it happened again… just as I was about to go to work. Not good. I had to once again get under it to secure it enough to be able to move it back onto said driveway then grovel to the short one to see if he could take me to work. Hmmm.

On this day I managed to a, purchase a set of proper ramps so as to be able to get right under the car to fix it and bought a new "D" clamp for it as I had managed to bend the bugger this time.

Whizzed home at lunchtime to fix it and found that for some strange reason the two bloody bits wouldn't go back together properly again enough to hold it. TITS!

So to at least get the sod somewhere to fix it, fashioned a sort of metal 'cowl' to at least get me to work over the workshop pit to get a good go at it.

This also didn't go too well. Not only would the two parts STILL not fit together properly, even with help from a hefty hammer but the bit of tin I had used had pretty much fallen apart. One new piece of flat steel round it later and I was good to go again (well temporarily until I could get it fixed properly)

Bearing in mind that was before Christmas you can see that this lazy tart has pretty much just ignored the blowing noises since.

Yesterday however it was just too much to bear and I finally drove it down to the chunky monkey mechanic to get the sod back together again properly.

Bless his cottons he did manage to get it to fit again, but by being up high on the ramps with said little arse here under there as well the problems REALLY started. The hole from the gap where it fell apart is now perfect. Nothing leaking out of there at all. Then we noticed the hole in the front right next to the manifold…. Shit. Then the hole just behind the cat… bollocks – and the one just after the silencer… oh for fucks sake!

Evidently I now need a complete new exhaust before this one, well, falls off to be honest. Shit – shit – shit.

And just in case that wasn't enough, whilst coming down again on the ramps, said chunky monkey notices I have a nail in my rear tyre and I finally admit to myself I also have a slow puncture in the front tyre as well.

I think we can safely say that I'm not really best pleased about it all and it will cost a bleeding fortune to do all of these things but then given the thought I might not actually have a car… I will pay its demands.

Currently listening:
The Very Best of Prince
By Prince
Release date: 31 July, 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment