Friday, 9 February 2007

Manifestation….


Current mood: drained
Category: Life

Friday already… jesus where the hell has the week gone? Oh yes, now I remember – I have spent 80% of it either asleep on the couch wrapped up in duvet trying to keep warm or with my head down the toilet.

*LATE*

I think I may have realised what has been my downfall this year. For the past 3 years I have been given a free flu jab from work. Since having them I haven't even had the slightest hint of even a sniffle. This year there was some sort of balls up and I didn't get it until a few weeks ago unlike previous years when I was jabbed around the end of November. Ironically the delay has managed to let a couple of "good old proper bugs" into my system. The first one just before Christmas which wasn't much dissimilar to this one and this week of which has yet again left me with rather tight stomach muscles but a new treat of a skull ache to boot. (Squits have been sponsored by Imodium successfully for a few days now)

Feeling slightly better yesterday morning I got up, dressed and toddled off to work, lasting all of 2 hours with the helpful talk of cream cakes éclairs and custard banded about the office. Gits.

I haven't slept this much in years, yet still feeling tired. Going in today? Not a chance – intending to spend yet more time in big duvet on couch most probably snoring like a train.

Other than my lurgy there has been many weird things going on in the UK here… one being a shed load of snow across the country, pretty much everywhere. Severe weather warnings have been banded about the TV, pictures of kids playing as schools have been closed, roads buggered and generally being told "not to go out there if not really necessary"

This wouldn't have been quite so bad had we in Norfolk had a bit more than the light dusting we received. Yep, yet again sweet FA appears here. Typical.

Duvet beckons…..

Currently watching:
Black Books - The Complete Second Series
Release date: 14 November, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment