Current mood:
Category: Life
Today, being my first one back after a bout of sickness was expected to be a bit of a bane… but for some strange reason it wasn't, in fact it was… well nothing really at all. There were hardly any people in, it was relatively quiet and a day of what seemed like 'nothingness'.
So is it because the place has drained me of anything mentally viable? Could be. Or have I finally succumbed to what is widely known as "institutionalised" – not if I can bloody help it.
I think everyone there has decided to be brain dead. Granted it doesn't help when at least once every 2 weeks we get told to go to a meeting in which they tell us that we are going to be assessed soon for the powers that be to then randomly pick a number which will in the long run become our annual wage. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against anything that if you prove your worth, you are rewarded for it. If anything I would absolutely thrive on that. However, the sickle brick I have with this is they are not going to do individual job assessments, just do one for all the Principle technical officers, one for all the senior technical officers and yep, you've guessed it… one for all the technical officers (or as I like to call myself – "professional minion")
Now as long as I have worked for them I have never in a million years seen two people of the same title do the same job. Some do less, some do more but this will not be taken into account in any way shape or form. Oh well… guess I will be job hunting soon then.
Anyone got any ideas what career I should go for this time? I'm thinking maybe a helicopter pilot, racing driver or opening my own lap dancing club right here in my shed. Choices, choices.
Any ideas, answers on a postcard to -
PO BOX do you really care?
Norwich.
| Currently reading: Vintage Stuff By Tom Sharpe Release date: 10 January, 2003 |
No comments:
Post a Comment